Welcome to Woodpecker
Woodpecker is a simple CI engine with great extensibility.
- Place your pipeline in a file named
.woodpecker.yml in your repository
- Pipeline steps can be named as you like
- Run any command in the commands section
- echo "This is the build step"
- echo "Testing.."
Build steps are containers
- Define any Docker image as context
- Install the needed tools in custom Docker images, use them as context
- image: debian
+ image: mycompany/image-with-awscli
- aws help
File changes are incremental
- Woodpecker clones the source code in the beginning pipeline
- Changes to files are persisted through steps as the same volume is mounted to all steps
- touch myfile
- cat myfile
Plugins are straighforward
- If you copy the same shell script from project to project
- Pack it into a plugin instead
- And make the yaml declarative
- Plugins are Docker images with your script as an entrypoint
COPY deploy /usr/local/deploy
kubectl apply -f $PLUGIN_TEMPLATE
See a detailed plugin example.